- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) – DBT incorporates mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance, and increases interpersonal effectiveness. This treatment is excellent for those suffering from depression, anxiety, eating disorders, PTSD, substance abuse, personality disorders, and many others.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT is a combination of talk therapy and behavior modification. The purpose is to reframe negative patterns into positive, effective ones. This type of treatment is effective for depression, anxiety, and beginning stages of relapse prevention as well as reduction of aggressive behaviors and implementation of anger management.
- Art Therapy – Art therapy utilizes creativity in order to create growth, process trauma, and is an alternative to traditional talk therapy. A variety of options are available and can be catered to specific client needs.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) – EMDR is an excellent option for clients who suffer from trauma, either past or present. This treatment utilizes the ability to tap into traumatic memories and ultimately “reprocess them” in the brain via therapist directed lateral eye movements, but can also use hand-tapping and/or audio stimulation.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – IOP offers extended and eclectic group and individual therapy options for those that have recently completed an inpatient rehabilitation for addiction, or for those who need more intensive services than traditional substance abuse treatment. (coming Summer 2018)
In addition to these specific treatments, we also offer group therapy on a variety of topics, including processing, trauma, psychoeducation, substance abuse, relapse prevention, and mindfulness.
All of our counselors and interns are trained and skilled in facilitating individual therapy sessions that implement whichever theory or practice will be best suited for the client and their individual needs. We do offer an option to work with a Spanish speaking therapist for individuals and couples counseling (please see Spanish services page).
Couples therapy is also offered as part of our community services and our experienced counselors are capable of processing a variety of interventions to help you and your partner heal.
Please note that if either party of the couple has an active domestic violence charge, per Colorado Department of Criminal Justice, couples counseling is not allowed until deemed appropriate by the courts (either by termination or probation or required treatment – more info on Court Required Program page)